Monday, July 2, 2012

Destin Beach Trip Day 1

So, I have a lot to catch up on! We just got back from a pretty perfect vacation and while it is going to be terribly boring for most, I want to document every day.

We left Saturday morning around 5ish. Of course, both of the boys were wide awake, but did great! About halfway, we stopped at Peach Park in Clanton, AL. Connor was not excited to be up on the big horse this year, but once Cade got on there with him, he decided it was ok.

He is not a fan of big things right now, but he is a fan of doing things with his baby brother :)

After figuring out Cade was ok on it, he was all about it!

A picture of our little family in the big swings they have. 
I can't believe that last year, this is what we looked like. Oh how things can change! Connor looks like a baby!

The traffic was horrible. HORRIBLE. Stop and go the majority of the way. It took us 11 hours to get there! The boys did great until about 30 minutes out. Connor had not had a nap, and once I got him to sleep, Cade woke up a little. I got them both asleep and with one arm I held Connor's head up and with the other, I rocked Cade's carseat (it was latched, of course, just made it vibrate a little more than what the car does :) ). Whatever works. Other than that, we watched movies, read books and played with some toys. 

When we got there it was pretty cloudy, but I had to get down to the beach. We packed a few things and off we went. We put Cade in his little tent and I sat there with him to make sure it didn't blow away (the wind was CRAZY) while Matt reintroduced Connor to the ocean. 
 We didn't stay very long because the wind was blowing sand so hard that it was hurting our legs. We headed back in and on the way I decided that I also had to have seafood. We talked to Brent and Rachel, and they agreed. We left the boys with the grandparents and headed to Pompano Jo's. 

Matt had been talking about the seafood nachos for a full year, so that is of course what he got. I got a coconut encrusted Amberjack with a mango and banana chutney. It was SO good! I will definitely be getting that again! Afterwards, we made a quick trip to Publix to get the ingredients for Iced Coffee. I was so excited to get home and make it, but I just couldn't do it. My body hurt, I was so tired! As soon as I fed Cade, I immediately went to bed. I'm pretty sure I fell asleep before my head even hit the pillow.

Up next: Not your dream beach day; Day 2 :)

1 comment:

Mrs. Howard said...

I've never been, but I always see people from the south post about going to Destin. It always looks GORGEOUS in photos!! I'm glad you had fun. I've been praying that Cade has been doing better!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...