Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day Weekend Rewind

Linking up with Tami again today! Head on over and link up to share about your weekend!



We had a pretty busy weekend! Friday night some friends of our came over to see Cade and have dinner with us. It was so much fun to see them. It's ridiculous that we are only 30 minutes away, but never get together. I told Matt that must change! Connor stayed up until 10ish and had a blast! Saturday morning we all slept in until 7:30 (you know you are in a different phase of life when that is sleeping in!), so I made the executive decision to go to Cracker Barrel for breakfast. I love their breakfast and I haven't been grocery shopping since before Cade was born, so it was an easy decision for me! When we got back D-daddy came over with his big tractor to get the garden in. We knew it was going to rain the rest of the weekend, so it was the perfect time to get it in. I can't wait to get some fresh vegetables coming in. With bell peppers costing about $2 each, I know it will save us a lot of money. Connor loved riding in the big tractor. 
After they got done, we headed out to do a little car shopping. We have a 2003 Yukon LX that we love, but it has some issue that we can't seem to fix. It kept shutting down and saying Reduced Engine Power  (thus giving it the nickname REP) and after doing it for about the 7th time in 1 1/2 years last week, we decided to go ahead and get rid of it. We didn't end up getting anything, but we only had time to go to one place. It was another late night.. we didn't get home until 10:30!

Sunday was a big day for our little family. It was Mother's day and Cade's first time to go to church! Our preacher had called and asked if we might mind sitting on the stage for a little while during his sermon to represent Cade's generation. He was talking about how important it is to have a church that is active in every generation (Cade's age/new families, growing families, high school, singles, grandparents, and elderly). Since we had to be on stage, it was important for us to be on time and get a good seat closer to the front. Well, we had a hard time getting to church on time before Cade, so I made it a point to start getting ready pretty early. Thankfully, we were ready early enough to even take a picture of me and my boys before we left!




 Connor was so sweet when he woke up. As soon as I laid him down with Matt to watch some TV while I finished getting ready, he said, "Mommy? Whole wide world and then some, Mommy!" He was telling me he loved me the whole wide world and then some. Perfect Mother's Day present if you ask me!! After church we went out to eat at Cracker Barrel and spent the rest of the afternoon relaxing. It pretty much rained on and off all day, so it was the perfect day to do that! Also, I had to share this sweet video of Connor telling me Happy Mother's Day. Love this kid!!!


I am so unbelievably proud to be Connor and Cade's mommy. They make my heart swell daily and cannot imagine what we ever did without them!

I also had to include this video of Connor telling the rabbits to get out of our garden. Seriously, he cracks me up!


I hope y'all had a good weekend!!

3 comments:

the workaholic momma said...

Connor is such the little comedian....I just love it!!!! I'm glad you had such a wonderful Mother's Day and weekend!!!

Hope you guys have a great week!!!

The Howard Bunch said...

You look amazing!! Happy Mother's Day!

Janelle said...

Happy Mother's Day!! You have an ADORABLE family!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...