Monday, October 10, 2011

Park fun

We had such a great weekend. Friday morning we went over to Angie's to play with William and Sophie. We had a great time, as we always do. Before we left I had Connor give Sophie a hug. They hugged without any hesitation. Then I had him give one to William and it was the funniest and cutest thing I have ever seen! They stood and looked at each other for a few seconds like they were questioning whether or not they should do it. Then they did and it was just precious!!! I love that they are starting to interact with each other more :) Connor obviously had a fabulous time with them, because he slept for 3 1/2 hours that afternoon!!!


We headed down to Knoxville around lunch time on Saturday with Chesley and Andy to watch the UT game. We watched the Vol Walk, bought some tickets, and headed down to the strip to grab something to eat. That, my friends, is where I found that I could literally drink buffalo sauce. Oh my, it was good. Although the outcome of the game wasn't that great, our time with friends was! I will take a moment to say that my #1 team, Arkansas, got a nice win. Matt came home and told Connor that if he wanted to be an Arkansas fan that he would understand. HA! Can we say DRAMATIC?!?! While we were at the game, Connor got to have a fun SPOILED day with Grandaddy and BeBe. BeBe took him to the fire station and sent me the CUTEST picture of him in front of a fire truck. He spent the night there and met them at church the next morning. He was so cute when we sat down beside him at church. I will never get tired of hearing that sweet boy saying "Mommy" in that sweet little excited voice!


After all the walking on Saturday, my calves and ankles were still sore today, so I decided to go to the park to try to loosen them up. It was a beautiful morning to take a walk. It was still in the upper 60's and leaves were flying everywhere. I just love fall!



He did really well during the walk, but once he saw the playground he was ready to play. Of course, I wanted to get some pictures in first, which he loved (note the sarcasm)


He is getting another haircut on Wednesday, and while he does need it, I am going to miss his long hair with a hat on. I think it is so cute!




He would look at me for .1 seconds until something caught his attention and finally started to try to jump off the bench. Ok, ok. I catch your drift.


I love our park. There is a big kid part and little kid part, and for the most part, it is perfect for him. He is very aware of drop offs and stairs, so that helps.



We had the whole area to ourselves until one little boy and his mom came up. The little boy was walking in the direction of Connor (because he had to. There was no where else to go!) and when he got about 5 feet away Connor said "NO!" real ugly to him. I instantly got onto him and made him say "hi" to him. I was so embarassed! Thankfully he said hi and was nice to him from there on out.



He would just run back and forth across the area. He only went down the slides twice. He was more interested in climbing up and down the stairs.



I love the face he makes when he runs and how he twists his arms and hips. It's so cute to me!



Right before we left he fell off one of the stairs and caught himself with his hands. He got the wood chips on them and he was done. "Ome", he said! HA! He doesn't not like to feel anything on his hands. On the way to the car he just gave me the sweetest hug and I could feel his arms shaking he was hugging me so hard. I love my sweet boy!!



1 comment:

the workaholic momma said...

AAWW...these pictures are just TOO sweet!!! I'm glad you guys had such a wonderful weekend:)

I hope you are feeling better...I'm dying to find out what you are having - are you guys going to find out or wait???

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...