Monday, August 8, 2011

Family filled weekend

This weekend was Matt's Aunt Kathy and Uncle Tom's 40th wedding anniversary, so we headed to Ohio to celebrate with them. We don't get to see this side of the family very often, so we were excited to go. We were staying with Jamie and Jenny who have Corey and Natalie, so I knew Connor would have a great time! He is real into big kids right now. Just wanting to do everything they do. That is when you hear the big belly laughs from him the most, and this weekend was no different. It was only a 4 1/2 hr drive and Connor did great. He got a little tired towards the end of the trip, but nothing holding Mommy's hand couldn't cure :) We got there around 10:30 our time and Connor had apparently caught his 2nd wind and stayed up until 11. He was so overtired he wouldn't even let me read him a book. I was a little worried how our night would go, but I laid him down and didn't hear a peep from him. He woke up a little earlier than I planned on waking up, so I stayed in bed while Matt took him downstairs. A little while later I woke up to the wonderful sound of children laughing and little feet running across the floor. My son has definitely inherited my loud walking :) When I came out of the room I found him playing with his cousins on Natalie's bed and they were just laughing and laughing. So sweet! Jamie made a fabulous breakfast (I don't know what it was, but they were the best blueberry pancakes!). By the time 9:00 rolled around Connor was ready for a nap and he slept for 2 hours! During his naptime I convinced Jenny to join Pinterest, because it's one of those things that everyone needs to do. There are too many good things to outweigh the bad part of taking up your time! After he woke up we jumped in their new pool. It further incresed my need want of a pool! Visions of me lying on a float during naptime were floating through my head! ha! After pooltime we went inside to eat some lunch and get ready for our dinner that night with everyone. They have a kid table and that is one of Connor's favorite things right now. It's like Goldilocks..he likes the chairs that are just his size :) The problem is he doesn't stay in it. He eats a few bites and runs off to play. I didn't even try to fight it since we weren't in our normal routine.








Our dinner plans were at Aunt Kathy and Uncle Tom's house with all of their family. Aunt Kathy and Uncle Tom have 4 boys (I used to wonder how in the world she did it...until I had a boy. Now I would LOVE that!) and it is so neat to see how close their family is. We had some WONDERFUL food and Connor ate an entire ear of corn by himself. He would say "bite" and I would try to give him some ham. He would say no and point to the corn. The boy definitely has some opinions!



All of the kids were playing in the water table, Connor included, until the girls started "washing" dishes




and then he went in pursuit for more "manly" things like balls.



Connor saw Daddy playing Ladderball and wanted to try too!


One of the funniest things happened while the boys were playing Ladderball. Somehow Jamie got the balls stuck in tree!



Can you see the tiny red dots in the tree? Yep, that is the balls!


The funniest part was to see everyone looking up at the tree. It provided some good entertainment, that is for sure!




I have always said that God blessed me with some fabulous in-laws and it is definitely true about this side of the family! Thankfully, they are all coming here in October for April's wedding, so we will get to see them again soon! I'm afraid I am going to get spoiled with the frequent visits!





No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...