Monday, July 25, 2011

Weekend fun

Weekends always go by way too fast. I think it is because I am always so excited to have Matt home all the time. I sure do miss college and all the free time we had together! Friday night he had plans to go play golf with some guys from work and I'm not going to lie... I was kind of depressed all day Friday knowing I wasn't going to be able to spend time with him that night. Therefore, I declared Saturday night date night for us. We don't do it near enough!



BUT, before that could happen, I had a date night with my little man. I have been craving chocolate chip cookies ever since Kayla did the Great Chocolate Chip Cookie Challenge. I chose to do recipe #7 based on the pictures. I like my cookies to be as chewy as possible, and those looked the chewiest! If you want to get some reviews on some good recipes, head on over to her blog and check it out. (and somewhere in her archives she did a pie challenge too. And she is as tiny as a rail!) Connor was very interested in what I was doing, so I pulled up a chair and let him help. He was very intent on doing the stirring himself!
Besides cooking them too long they were REALLY good! The key is to take them out early and let them cook a little longer on the pan and I totally didn't do that. Rookie mistake :) After I put Connor to bed, I started the dough for PW Cinnamon Rolls and by that time Matt was home. We stayed up pretty late for us (11:30... go ahead, laugh. I know it's pitiful!) and somewhat regretted it the next morning. Thankfully I had PW's iced coffee already brewed. It was WONDERFUL. Seriously, I plan on keeping some in my fridge at all times. I worked on the banner all day and Matt played with Connor and mowed the yard. Our big date night plans were to go out to eat and walk around Providence in Mt Juliet. We chose to go to NYNY Pizza and eat outside and get ice cream afterwards. The pizza was so good and the company even better :) While we obviously LOVE our little man and love taking him places with us, it was nice to have a night to ourselves. We did get caught by my friend Angie looking for him clothes on our date, but we were looking for him a Tennessee shirt. So, in essence, it was kind of for Matt. Ha!


Sunday was a wonderfully relaxing day. After church we went out to eat at Cracker Barrel with the fam and suprisingly, Connor did great. He was SO tired. Sundays are hard for us because he misses his morning nap and is usually exhausted by the time we leave church. We got home and literally did nothing. It was just what we needed! Connor apparently got the memo because even when he was awake, he was in a super cuddly mood.





He never ever does this, so I was eating it up!



While I was cooking dinner Matt was flipping through the channels and found his favorite movie, Dumb and Dumber. Unless it is golf, Connor never pays attention to the TV. Well for some reason, he loved this crazy movie. His eyes were glued to the TV. I'm not sure what to think about that!


Thankfully, Uncle Kyle and Libby came over to watch the Lincoln Lawyer with us, so as soon as they got there he started to play again :) If you haven't seen Lincoln Lawyer, I recommend it. It was really good!


I hope everyone had a great weekend!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...