Friday, April 1, 2011

Show Us Your Life-Tell us about your church

Today I am linking up with Kelly at Kelly's Korner in her Show Us Your Life series and today it is all about your church.

The church we attend is actually the church Matt grew up going to. When we first got married we visited some different churches in the area to make sure we were at the right church for us. Sometimes when you go to the church your family goes to you don't get a chance to become your own person, so that is why we originally visited other churches. Eventually, we decided that we did, in fact, want to continue going to College Hills Church of Christ and we haven't regretted it at all. There are so many opportunites offered there to get involved within the church family as well as the community. It is a rather large church with somewhere around 1,000+ members, but with a small church feel.

We have our big Easter Celebration service coming up and I am hoping this year we are going to get to go to the sunrise service. I believe ( I could be wrong) that this is the 3rd year for it. Basically we will have a sunrise service outside at 7am, followed by a breakfast, regular service and then class. The first year they had it we were helping cook the breakfast in the kitchen, the 2nd year Connor was only 3 weeks old, so hopefully this year we can go! They also have an Easter bunny available for pictures afterwards. Connor did great last year (of course at 3 weeks, who wouldn't?!), but I'm thinking this year is going to be a completely different story!

One of the things I love the most is our children's ministry. The nursery workers truly love "their" babies! Connor sure does love them too! He basically jumps out of my arms when we walk into his classroom. I'm thinking he is going to have to move up soon since he is walking and I think I am going to be a little sad about it! There are about 4 of them that are taking steps and walking now, so maybe they'll wait a little longer :) I've never stayed at watched what goes on in class, but I know they have the little baby Bibles and they must use them frequently. Lately Connor has found his little Bible (pronounced by him: bi-ale) in his room and has taken to carrying it around and patting it. I know if he has gotten quiet then he is more than likely sitting down looking through it. He must like the way the paper crinkles. Thankfully, he hasn't torn any of the pages out yet!

We are so blessed to have such a loving church family. I can honestly say that I look forward to every Sunday and Wednesday and when we are out of town I find myself missing our church family! I can also say that I truly believe that finding a church home and being active in that church is crucial to a strong marriage. We have slacked a little in being active since Connor has been born, but now that he is getting a little older, hopefully we can pick back up.

If you are in the Nashville area and are looking for a good church home, please come visit! And don't forget to go by Kelly's Korner to read about other churches around the world!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...