Friday, April 22, 2011

Show Us Your Life-Organizational Tips

This week for http://www.kellyskornerblog.com/is all about Organizational Tips.




I like to think I am pretty organized, but I know there are many more that are more organized than I am. I don't do much, but it makes a HUGE difference (for me at least). I feel all out of sorts when I don't follow my "plan". I have about 4 different organizational tips/schedules I try to follow. Try being the key word! There are some days we don't get everything done and that is ok! Life will go on!!




1st organizational tip/schedule: Connor!!


I started following a book called The Contented Little Baby when he was around 3 weeks old and haven't looked back since. It is perfect for us. I know schedules don't work for everybody, but it works for us. Bottom line is you have to do what works for you! Basically at this stage (13 1/2 mo) here is what our day looks like:


Wake up: between 6:30 and 7. Somedays Connor decides to wake up at 6 and play until 6:30. Other days he wakes up at 7. He eats breakfast as soon as he wakes up.



Morning Nap: 9-9:30 or 10, depending on when he falls asleep. The books says to let him sleep no more than 30 minutes at this age, but I will let him sleep for 50 minutes or so.




Snack: 10:00



Lunch: 11:30



Afternoon nap: He goes down between 12:00 and 12:30 and is supposed to sleep until 2:30, but never does. I realize I should probably drop the morning nap, but man on man if he doesn't have that morning nap we are in for a looooooong morning!



Snack: 3:00



Supper: Anywhere between 5:00 and 6:00. If he is getting a bath, I do supper at 5:00, followed by bath. If not, we usually eat at 6:00.



Bedtime: 7:00



I really, really, really enjoyed this book. If you are looking for a good book to follow, this would be it! I feel like it's a good balance between being super relaxed and really strict.




2nd organizational tip: grocery shopping with e-mealz


I subscribed to e-mealz about 2 years ago because of the advertising I heard about it on Dave Ramsey. Basically it is a program you pay $5 a month for and once a week you go to their website and download a menu of meals for the week. It also includes a list for you that is also broken down into the different departments of a grocery store (produce, bakery, frozen, canned, etc). So, not only do I not have to worry about what we are eating for the week, but I just print that off and go to the store! Also, I can usually get out of there under $50 for the week. There are so many different options to choose from too. Different stores, meals for families of 4 or more and families of 2, weight loss meals, etc. If you want to check it out, click the link on the right hand side of my blog and it will take you directly to their website.




3rd organizational tip/schedule: Cleaning
I think the picture pretty much explains it all!









4th organizational tip/schedule: Connor's "school"/activity schedule:


Once again, the picture explains it all!


Now, I know that one looks like I am a crazy woman, but the majority of these activities only take 15 minutes or so. The rest of the time is play time!!



Also, I keep all of my "lists" in the same spot. That way I know where everything is! The calendar on that door is "the" calendar. With all of the smartphones out there, I'm sure I'm one of the few to still have one, but my luck my phone would die and I would be lost!







Head on over to Kelly's Korner to get some more tips and link up with your own!

4 comments:

Chasity @ Haute Mommy Blog said...

As a soon to be new mommy, I love your tips! I couldn't read Connor's school schedule from my netbook but what kinds of activities do you do with him? Or is it actual school/mom day out?

Erin Branscom said...

I also have my schedules on my door taped! :) I am following your blog! :) Erin

www.healthybranscoms.com

Abramyan Avenue said...

I love that you have a schedule and stick to it. My girls are much older than your son and we do homeschool so we are home most of the day. If we didn't have a schedule I don't know what I would do.... go crazy? If we are to lax for a few days and bedtimes get pushed late, then mornings get pushed late, we have grumpy girls and non productive days!!
Hope you're having a great weekend!
-April

Candace Smith said...

Kelli, Thank you for your tips. I love the cleaning schedule. My little one is four months old and I have been trying to find a good routine for cleaning, so yours really helped. I am have been reading your blog for awhile. Your little boy is adorable. I am one of the Cross from lebanon and grew up with the Kegley boy's.

Have a wonderful Easter!
Candace

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...