Thursday, March 17, 2011

The ZOO!!!

Oh, I loved today! Today is another day that I have tucked into my "memories" file. (I love adding to that thing :) ). Today we went to the Nashville Zoo! I was pretty impressed with everything they had. We are definitely going to have to become members, because I see us making many trips this summer! This time we went with some friends from church. I was so glad she thought of it!

Of course, since it was St Patricks Day I had to dress him in something green. The only problem was that he didn't have anything besides the corduroy outfit. I was worried he would get hot, but I checked his little neck frequently, and he was ok :) The weather was great. I was laughing at Angie because she said this was about as hot as she could stand it and to me this is nothing! I didn't even try to explain Arkansas hot. You break a sweat just talking about it. I welcome Tennessee summers compare to Arkansas summers!


Anyway, I took a lot of pictures, so I'll just get right to it.
Apparently, we weren't the only ones with the idea to go to the zoo! BUT, it was the perfect time to grab a picture while we waited in line!


Sweet Sophie with her buddy Connor. Connor was too interested in eating his ball to smile for the picture :) Typical man!



Watching the monkeys, or dogs, as Connor calls them ;)




His favorite spot of the whole trip, by far. This was at the meerkat area. They would run right up to the glass and he loved it!
All the kiddos watching the flamingos. Connor and William are only a week apart :)


The sleeping flamingos amazed me!



This one was only on one leg!

Does anyone know why these flamingos are orange? They were even more orange than they appear in the pictures.


Sigh. I love baby profiles!

Sophie brushing the goats :)

I mean the SECOND before I took this picture sweet boy was holding it with his other hand....and his pinky was in the air! It was SOO cute!
While everyone ate their lunch, little man took a little nap. He was out! (his hair looks really greasy here, but it is sunscreen)



Once he woke up, I fed him and we headed over to the carousel. I was excited to see how Connor reacted, but was pretty sure he might be a little scared.

I was right. He lasted about 2 times around before he started making the "I'm about to lose it" face and clung onto me for dear life. I definitely want him to have enough caution not to get hurt, but I don't want him to be too scared to try things either. Good thing I love rides... Momma can just go with him :)

This is hard to see, but in the middle of the two trees (in the middle of the picture) is a baby giraffe! It was so cute!

I am amazed by this animal. They are just beautiful!
After seeing the giraffes, we decided to head home. In front of our car we found some geese just sunbathin' away. They must be used to people because we were pretty close to them!


We had SO much fun and I can't wait to go back again. I think I see a zoo membership in our future! Thanks again Angie for inviting us!

3 comments:

Ashley said...

We love to go to the Zoo too! Its a great place for the kiddos! He is so cute in his little green outfit ;)

kim {the non-mom blogger} said...

I love the zoo! I wish our local zoo had meerkats!

Angie said...

We were honored and thrilled to be there for one of Connor's "firsts"!We had a blast! You'll have to come with us next time we go!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...