Thursday, March 10, 2011

Dr visit and birthday pics

I didn't go into any details about how we celebrated Connor's birthday yesterday, so I wanted to share them tonight. Our plan was to sing Happy Birthday to him when we got him out of his crib and have his presents on the table so he could see them when we came out of his room. I put everything out the night before, so we were ready when he woke up.


haha. He kept closing his eyes because the light in yhe kitchen was blinding him.


And let me tell you. That ball is the best $2 I have ever spent. Momma knows her little boy :) The balloon was a huge hit too.

Daddy with his birthday boy.



I spent the majority of the day pullinghe balloon t down from the ceiling becuase he had hit it so hard it came loose from the string it was tied to. He is nothing if not dangerous ;)



The rest of the day we pretty much just hung around the house. I actually held up pretty well. No tears, just lots of kisses and hugs. I savored his bedtime nursing because it was the last time I would rock him as a baby. (He technically didn't turn 1 until 10:46.) When I laid him down, I kissed him goodnight and reminded him that he would always be my baby!



The real (well, besides his actual party) celebration is tomorrow. Matt took off work and we are going to Cracker Barrel for breakfast, Pump it Up after his morning nap and then his 12 month pics after his afternoon nap! We have Matt all to ourselves all day and to say I am excited is an understatement! I love when we get to do things, just the 3 of us!




Today we had Connor's 12 mo. well check up. He came in at 29" long, a noggin size of 18.25" and weight at 21 lb, 15 oz. Looks like we will be switching to his big boy carseat this weekend! I think he will enjoy it as his feet are starting to hit the back of the seat...ha. Anyway, back to his appointment. Everything was fine and dandy until the nurse came in to check his blood. She tried to get his toe and for some reason she couldn't get enough blood to come out. So she was pinching it, massaging his leg, just messing with him in general. He was NOT happy and let her know. He was hitting her hand trying to push it away and fussing at her. Afterwards she put a band-aid on it. He looked at it for about two seconds before he made this "uumph" sound, tore it off his toe and threw it on the floor! I tried to put it back on and he pitched a fit! haha. Strong-willed, much?


Needless to say, the rest of the appointment kind of went the same way. He was ok as long as he wasn't sitting on the table, but as soon as he hit that table, the screaming ensued. Poor guy. He knew what was coming. He had to get 3 shots, but I have to sing the praises of the nurse that gave them. She was SO fast!


Afterwards we met Matt for lunch at Bar-B-Cutie. A huge moment occured for Connor. He got to order off the Kid's Menu! He ordered a grilled cheese with mashed potatoes. He was not a fan of the mashed potatoes. He made the worst face! We had a great lunch... it was SO nice to get to see Matt in the middle of the day. I wish we could do it everyday!



Before I go, I have to share something else I found on Kevin & Amanda . A few days ago she posted their menu for the next 6 weeks. I decided to follow it this week and it has been amazing so far. Last night we had something called Gnocci. I had never even heard of it, but it was soooo good. It was very rich and VERY bad for you and isn't something I could have very often, but I was still very impressed. Tonight we had the zuchinni lasagna. I think I added a tad too much salt, but other than that it was to die for. These definitely aren't our weight watchers meals, but it is nice to cook something and actually be proud of it!


I have got to get to bed! I have a fun-filled day tomorrow to rest up for! Happy Friday, y'all!

2 comments:

Candice Pair said...

Oh my goodness...I can't believe how big he is! I hope he had a wonderful first birthday...enjoy the rest of your weekend together!

Libby! said...

Sweet baby boy and those band aids. I am with ya, Connor! I dont care for nurses or needles!

Cant wait to see you both again... Im afraid it might not be until his party!!! Let me know if I can help in any way though!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...