Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year and Memory verse!

I told Matt last night that this was the first time in my life I have been sad to see a year go. I don't think I really have ever thought of it before. I just accepted it was a new year and went on. This year was just so different. I'm not even sure there are words to describe this year (or last year.. whatever!). It changed me in ways I never imagined. Was there immeasurable happiness? YES! Was there also times of sadness, frustration and big, huge I DON'T KNOW WHAT ELSE TO DO, I'M SO TIRED I CAN'T MOVE ANOTHER MUSCLE tears? YES! But I know they made me stronger.

I loved 2010 and can't imagining 2011 being any better, but I know it will.

At the beginning of 2009 I started doing the Siesta Scripture Memory Team (on Beth Moore's blog and then... I got pregnant. It, unfortunately, fell to the wayside as that beautiful little peanut growing inside of me took over everything in my life. Well they are doing it again this year, so I am going to participate again. The only requirement is to post it in the comment section of each post on the 1st and 15th of every month, but I wanted to post it here as well only as a little bit of extra encouragement for myself. Without further ado, my 1st scripture of the year:

May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.
Romans 15:13, NIV

I pray that everyone has a wonderful and blessed 2011!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Girl, I hope to see you in January--and your sweet little peanut. What a year you've had!

MiMi said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR. I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH! As each year passes, you will feel sadness to some extent. But you and Matt are savoring every moment and nurturing him in the Lord. I am so happy for you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...