Saturday, October 23, 2010

3 years down and many more to go!

I haven't blogged lately because the hubs and I have been celebrating our anniversary! Last Wednesday, the 20th, marked our 3rd year of marriage. It is just crazy how fast it goes! I am so glad that God brought us together. He is my best friend and I can't imagine my life on this earth without him. We have so much fun together and look forward to everything that life is going to bring us in the future!




We usually do our fondue every year on our actual anniversary, but we decided to start going to Wednesday night church, so we did that instead and saved fondue for next week. We chose a class that dealt with parenting and having a faith filled home. We didn't really know what to expect from the class, but with the teacher, we knew it would be good regardless. We felt a little silly being there since it was mainly talking about dealing with teenagers and middle schoolers, but I think we are going to stick it out. I don't think you can ever be over prepared on the subject! That and with everything you see on TV, I'm sure we will be having many conversations earlier than when we were growing up.




Friday night we had a mommy & daddy date. We went to eat at Bonefish Grill (can we say calamari heaven???!!!) and to a movie. We actually got to BG about 5:30 so we wouldn't have to wait. After eating, we went to Starbucks and walked around Borders before the movie started. Let me just say, I love bookstores. I could spend soooooo much money just buying books. Matt headed to the sports magazines while I headed to the Christian living section. I ended up getting 3 books! I got The Christian Atheist (for our class at church), The Power of a Positive Mom, and The Power of a Praying Parent. Have any of y'all wifies every read The Power of a Praying Wife? I love it. I think I am about to start it over again. I do have a huge pile of books I want to read. I need to just put them by our bed and not pick up the next one until I finish the current one! ha. Ok, back to our anniversary celebrations...


After leaving Borders we headed to the movie. It started at 8:25, which was a perfect time. Not too early, but not so late that I'd be pinching myself to stay awake. We actually got there a little early, so we headed to the game room to kill some time. We played air hockey (he beat me by one :/) and got our picture made in one of those little booths. It was so much fun! We went to see The Town. It was pretty good. The language was pretty bad, but I guess I should have expected it. I actually made fun of Ben Affleck's accent and Matt informed me that was actually his normal accent! haha. How in the world does one section of the United States sound sooo different?!


Saturday morning we got up bright and early to go get a couples massage! I had been looking forward to this for weeks and it didn't disappoint! My massage therapist was a tiny little thing, but had the strongest hands! I don't know how she does it. I am so sore today, but it was totally worth it. I was a little nervous the whole time that Matt was miserable, but he said he actually enjoyed it. I also had an appointment to get my eyelashes tinted. Unlike my husband and son who have beautiful dark eyelashes, mine are really pale. I couldn't wait to get them tinted so I wouldn't have to put mascara on everyday. As awesome as it is, I don't know if I'll ever do it again. It burned like my eyes were on fire. She kept saying, "It's going to sting a little. It's not too bad, though, it's a comfortable torture." I kept thinking well one: You are not the one that is going to be blind after this. And two: Comfortable torture? I'd hate to see what she considered uncomfortable torture! It seriously took everything in me to stay on that table and not go dunk my head in a bowl of water. I must have really sensitive skin or eyes or something because there is no way people would do that regularly! Afterwards Matt kept asking me if I was sure my eyes were ok because they were so bloodshot! haha. I'm happy to report that I still have full vision in both eyes. Hopefully it'll stay that way. ;)


We have had a wonderful time celebrating our anniversary and will end the official celebration on Tuesday with our yearly fondue meal. I really enjoy only doing that meal on our anniversary. I told you I am all about traditions! Do y'all have any type of tradition on your anniversary?


5 comments:

Rachel said...

About the lash tint...you should come to my spa b/c it doesn't hurt or burn as bad as yours must have!! I get them all the time :)

Carrie said...

Hunter and I started our anniversary tradition by going to a restaurant in Hot Springs called Coy's Steakhouse. We loved it and decided to do it every year...then it burnt down and they aren't rebuilding it....so our tradition got screwed...haha!!! We try to go to the lakehouse for a weekend instead! Glad you guys had fun...you deserve it!

MiMi said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! Sorry I forgot it. That is really awful...bad momma! I am so proud of both of you. You are both so devoted to the Lord. I know you will continue to seek His ways and be surrounded by His blessings. You have created a very special "blessing" and I am so thankful for him each and every day! NOW I have to watch the last video you posted of him crawling. I view it at least 3 times each day. Love all of you sooo much!

Jaime said...

Happy Anniversary! Connor has two very stinkin' awesome parentals! :) Love some fondue...great idea!!!

Angie said...

Matt and I have gone on a trip for each of our anniversaries with the exception of this past one. :-( And wherever we go, we buy a Christmas ornament with the name of the place and the year we went. That way, each Christmas we get to relive those fun memories. I'm thinking the next few ornaments may just have to be from Lebanon! ha!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...