Wednesday, June 2, 2010

An afternoon spent with friends is like balm to the soul

Yesterday was a busy day! I usually reserve all of my errands for after his long nap, but seeing that he hasn't been taking it I decided to go ahead and leave right after his morning nap. (side note: we were in the car the whole 2 hours of his long nap and he slept the entire time. What a stinker!) The mall was my first stop and I had to feed him first thing. I went into the "ladies lounge", which is a fancy way of saying we are going to put a few chairs in the same room as the toilets. Luckily I still used my hider because I hadn't been in there for 3 minutes and a woman walks in with her two kids, one of which was a 12 year old boy! I was SO embarrased! I about gave the kid his first peep show. Needless to say, they got out of there quickly after using the restroom. She might think twice about letting him come in there next time! ha


After we ran all of our errands we stopped by Rach's house to drop a gift off and see them. We got to stay for about 3 hours and I had such a good time! It had been over a month since we had been able to see them, so it was nice to catch up. Layla was, as always, such a doll. She is talking so much now and it makes me SOOO happy to hear her say my name! She also says Connor and it sounds so sweet coming out of her mouth. Connor loved her. It was so funny! Everytime she would walk near him he would just flash the biggest grin and tried to laugh so many times. He was flirting with her already :)



He was watching Rachael take a picture here. I don't know what it is about the camera, but as soon as you get it out he gets this serious look on his face and looks right into the lens. Which means it is SO hard for me to get a smile or to video him talking by myself! I'll even try to sneak it in and as soon as he sees it coming, he gives the look above. What a mess ;)!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...