Friday, May 7, 2010

Show Us Your Life-Baby names





This week on Kelly's Korner Show Us Your Life is all about baby names.


Once we found out we were pregnant, it was pretty easy for us to decide on names. We already had a list of boy names which included Connor, Carter, Cooper and Peyton. We went with Connor because Matt liked it the best. He also said you couldn't really name a Tennessee boy Peyton without people thinking you named him after Peyton Manning. haha. There is no meaning behind why we chose Connor, in fact I don't even know what made me think of it! Since his first name holds no significance, we knew we wanted the middle name to have some meaning. At first I wanted to honor my mom's dad (his name was Dan), but my brother's middle name honors him. Therefore, we decided to use something in Matt's name. His name is Thomas Matthew and it took us a total of 2 seconds to decide to use Matthew. And that, my friends, is how we decided to name this little guy

Connor Matthew.

(BTW.. this oh so sweet picture is from some pictures that were recently taken by Chesley Summar. To see the rest of the preview, you can go to http://www.chesleysummarphotography.com. I can't wait to get the CD!!)

It really is a good thing we had a boy, because we really struggled with a girl's name. For as long as I could remember if I were to have a daughter I wanted to name her Emma. Matt just knew that the only reason I wanted to use that name was because Rachel and Ross on FRIENDS named their daughter that. After many many hours of me trying to convince him this was not the case, he finally agreed :) Grace was going to be her middle name. That is another name I have always loved. I really hope we have a little girl one day and if we do, her name will undoubtedly be Emma Grace. Mmmm.. sweetness. :)

Head on over to Kelly's Korner to play along or to get some ideas for the future!





2 comments:

chesley said...

I hope to finish your CD tonight if my girlie will ever go to sleep! Our girl name the first time around was Anna Grace..needless to say we didn't stick with it when we were actually pregnant with a girl. I love Emma too!

The Howard Bunch said...

Our son's name is Connor too. =) We went with Connor James (middle name after his great grandfather)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...