Tuesday, May 11, 2010

2 months old!

I no longer have a newborn. How did that happen? Didn't I JUST get the phone call telling me I was going to be induced? Didn't the doctor JUST tell me I was ready to start pushing? Didn't they JUST lay you on my chest for the first time? Whew. I better stop before I start crying ;). You do that to me little man. I've shed more happy tears in these last two months than I have in my entire life!

We had his 2 month check up yesterday. He had to get his shots and it was AWFUL! He cried so hard and it really took a while to get him calmed down, which made me cry! I really didn't think I'd cry, but I guess I have never really seen him in pain. Needless to say, where I used to look forward to his doctor appointments, I will be dreading them from now on! On a positive note, the doctor was very impressed with all of his stats. He mentioned how strong he was, which of course I already knew ;) Here are his stats:
Weight: 12 lbs 6 oz (65%)

Height: 23 1/2 in (69%)
Head circumfrence: 40 cm (50%)
So far we think he is built like his daddy. Matt has very broad shoulders and a VERY long torso, with not as long legs. Connor is the same way. We are already having to switch to 3-6 month onesies because I can't keep the 0-3 month snapped!




Here is what Connor has been up to this month:


  • You are holding your head up! You actually started doing it at one month, but you have perfected it this month :)

  • You have started waking up around 5:30 - 6, which has led to a really bad (but OH SO SWEET) habit of this:

  • You are starting to use your hands more, which has led to many ponytails for momma! If not, I should expect to lose handfuls of hair throughout the day. You will also hold onto my shirt when taking a nap on my chest, strum your fingers on my back while nursing (while strumming my heartstrings!), and yesterday you found your thumb. While it was VERY cute, I quickly took it out. I can remove a paci, but not a thumb! ha

  • You love to lay on your play mat. You will kick your legs so fast and hard that I can hear your heels hitting the floor from across the house.

  • You love for people to talk to you and you will stare at them so intently and talk back. You are SO serious about it too! You have a lot to say and want to make sure we are paying attention! MiMi and I noticed that you are making the G consonant, which is good because that is the same way you make the C sound in your name :) You make the M sound when you cry your "dramatic" cry and I like to think you are trying to say Momma.


  • You love to stand up and get so excited while doing it! Your little mouth forms a perfect little 'o' and you wave your arms like crazy. You and daddy practice squats everyday. You like to show off for him ;)

  • You smile constantly and although we are quite biased, we think it is the cutest smile in the world. I've said it before, but I'll say it again. You have me wrapped around your finger with that smile of yours!

Happy 2 month birthday Connor!

2 comments:

Candice Pair said...

Gosh that last picture is soooo beautiful! you have a handsome little boy there!

Ramirez Family said...

He seriously is sooo adorable!! I love that last picture.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...