Thursday, April 8, 2010

The beginning of a good friendship :)

I remember when my one of my best friends, Rachael, told us that they were going to have a baby. I was, of course, thrilled beyond belief, but also a little sad that our kids weren't going to be close in age. I thought that maybe their 2nd and our 1st would be close, but I still wasn't sure. I wonder if God was getting a good laugh while I was thinking that.. ha! Because little did I know that their sweet Layla and our little Connor were only going to be 19 months apart! The first time she met him she wasn't quite sure what to think of him. I think it was a combination of being in the hospital and seeing her mom hold someone else that caused that trepidation.

Rach getting to hold him for the first time on the day after he was born. She was SO sweet to stay until midnight to see him the day he was born and then I got sick and had to run everyone out. We are so blessed to have you in our lives and I know Connor is going to love his "Aunt" Rachael!

Layla was much more comfortable with Connor when they came to visit us at our house. She was very vocal in her concern for his well being :) She is going to be such a good help with him... I just know it!


She will help soothe him when he cries:




and will always be there with another paci if he needs it! (She was so excited that he had a paci too!):



and will be there to hold his hand if he needs some extra support :) :


Layla, Connor loves you already and we can't wait to play again!

1 comment:

auntnett said...

you are so sweet to everyone, Kelli, Connor has such a beautiful Mommy, inside & out.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...