Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Wishful Wednesday..Vaca


This is an easy one for me. We would, without a doubt, go back to El Dorado Royale in Riveria Maya, Mexico. Everything about it was perfect. There was honestly not one thing we could complain about. It was so beautiful and peaceful. I am going to go ahead and apologize for the overload of pics. It was a little hard to narrow it down when I had 300+ pics to choose from!


The beach was beautiful. The water looked like someone had dropped a huge barrel of teal dye in it. GORGEOUS!

Laying on one of the many beds on the beach

I loved all of the straw huts!


I couldn't get enough of the view. We were on the beach all day everyday. While the pool was nice and they had games going on constantly, we preferred the solitude of the beach.

Don't these little huts look much better than the tents you see in Florida?
Many of the people we had talked to that vacationed in Mexico complained of the food, so we were kind of worried about that. Fortunately (or unfortunately for our girth!!), the food was amazing. Lamb chops, Steaks, scrumptious desserts, the most amazing breakfast options... AAAHHH!!

This was probably our favorite restaurant. We went twice throughout the week even though there were plenty of restaurants to not have to go to the same one twice. It was the fondue restaurant and it is why we eat fondue on our anniversary every year! I don't think I have ever mentioned this, but this resort is an all-inclusive resort.. I HIGHLY recommend it because you never feel bad for eating so well every night!

This wasn't a restaurant, but it was where we went after each meal. This was called the swing bar (hence the swing we are sitting in) and had a different entertainment show each night. So much fun!






The rooms were magnificent, and we even had the absolute cheapest room there. Ours was considered the Garden View room, but I really don't think there is a bad view on the resort. It is just the way it is laid out.

The -sink into and give a big sigh- bed with the tub overlooking the ocean in the corner.

I loved our bathroom. You can see the shower, which was HUGE, in the background. It took me many months to be able to get in our shower at home and not wish I was still using that one!

The view from our balcony. Bad view? I don't think so!

Horrible picture of me, but I had to include the hammock on the balcony. This was the spot where I would wake up every morning and write about our day before while Matt slept a little longer. I journaled our vacation and I am SOOO glad I did. It is so much fun to read it now and re live every moment. I have actually decided to do it for each vacation.. hopefully I will stick with it!
Now, of course, there are other places I would like to go and I don't know if it is because it is our anniversary or what, but this is where I would go. I guess I'll just have to dream instead. Head over to Seattle Smiths (http://kelseyandgabriel.blogspot.com/) and tell us where you would want to vaca!

1 comment:

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

That place looks so heavenly!!!! What a vacation spot!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...