Friday, October 9, 2009

Our little sweet potato at 18 weeks


18 weeks down, 22 to go! It is funny how I already feel so big and know I am not quite halfway through my pregnancy! I can only imagine how I am going to feel/be towards the end! We were laying in bed the other night and Matt lifted up my shirt and said "Man, honey. Your belly is HUGE!" haha. Spoken from the mouth of men. There are the mouth of men and there are the mouth of babes. Sometimes they are very similar! No, I am just kidding. I didn't care. I have embraced my largeness, and he knows that or he wouldn't say anything. His new thing now is to stick his mouth right on my belly button to talk to the baby. He calls it the direct line..haha. In addition to my belly just appearing to stick straight out more, I have also noticed that my belly button is starting to become more shallow. I had a very deep belly button before, so I can definitely tell the difference. Ok, enough about me. On to what our little monkey is up to this week.


This week baby K is the size of a sweet potato, averaging 5 1/2 inches long (crown to rump) and weighs 5 oz (weight of a boneless chicken breast). The art of the yawn has been mastered, and I really hope the baby is either yawning or sucking their thumb at our next ultrasound. I don't know if I'll be able to tell since it isn't 3d/4d, but maybe the tech can point it out. I also can't wait to see all the movement. I woke up the other morning at 5:30 to go to the bathroom, but once I got back to bed I had a hard time going to sleep because all I could feel were little flutters in my belly! I told Matt that I hope this wasn't going to be their normal wake up time! I can't wait to see what kind of food will trigger the movement! If this baby is anything like us, they will love food!
We have a busy weekend. I am dragging Matt to USA Baby and Motherhood Maternity. Poor guy! Hope everyone has a great weekend and GO HOGS!




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...