Monday, September 28, 2009

Avocados, Heartbeat and COUNTDOWNS!!!

I was 16 weeks this past Friday and this week the baby is the size of an avocado. The baby is about 4.6 inches long and weighs 3.5 oz. He/She also has tiny bones forming in the ear and can now pick up my voice! I told Matt that he better be nice to me because I control what the baby hears ;). Obviously, he knows I am joking because he laughs at me. The baby's eyebrows, lashes and hair are starting to fill in, and taste buds are forming! It is so amazing that all of this happens in the matter of one week. God is so good! I have loved poking my belly and feeling the baby move away from the poke. I'm sure they are saying "Leave me alone! I am trying to rest here!", but I just can't help it. I know in a couple of months I will be politely asking them not to kick my ribs.. haha.




16 weeks getting ready to go to the Friendship game


I forgot to ask Dr Norman what the beat/minute was, but sounds pretty fast to me! It is so amazing to hear this, so I am glad I have it on tape.


Aside from hearing the heartbeat the most exciting part of the appointment was getting to schedule the appoitment to find out if we are having a boy or girl. I scheduled it for October 22, so Matt and I will get to celebrate our 2 year anniversary and find out all in the same week! I love getting to count things down (Xmas, my bday, etc), so I made this countdown chart for us to look at everyday. I will probably run out of pink and blue ink.. I can't make anything easy!


Now I've got to go get supper cooked before football starts and I officially beat my husband in fantasy this week :) Happy Monday Night Football to all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So exciting! Carrie sent a text saying you were putting it up today. So exciting!
Ms. Barbara

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...