Monday, August 10, 2009

Proud to live in Nashville

What a day I have had, but more of that later. I just want to start off saying how much fun Layla's first birthday was. I didn't get many picutres because I was in charge of Rach's camera (which I immediately fell in love with), but I did get a picture of the cake. Rach did such a good job and it was DELICIOUS. In fact, as I sit here typing about it I really wish I had some :) Oh and Saturday morning I made pancakes and think I figured out how to make the crusty edges like Cracker Barrel. Put a lot of butter in the pan and drop the batter right in the middle of the butter. The butter will spread out to cover the whole bottom of the pancake. They were wonderful. Very unhealthy, but wonderful.






The party table!!!

It was a funfetti cake..one of my favorites.




Sunday was pretty uneventful. We had lunch at Matt's dad's house for Matt's birthday, and it was very good. We had Fajitas and Peach Cobbler.. yum! This morning I got to meet Lance for breakfast at none other than the Nashville famous Pancake Pantry. I was shocked when he called to tell me he was going to be here and very glad as well. As usual, he was about 30 minutes late, but this time I was glad. You want to know why? While standing outside waiting for him Tim McGraw walked past me! He had on huge aviators, but I knew it was him. I was very excited as this was my first celebrity sighting in Nashville. So as I stand there bubbling inside he walks by AGAIN, but this time with his wife, Faith Hill. She was within arm distance and she was gorgeous. No makeup and sweats and she looked great. Ugh ;). So, I can FINALLY say that I live in Nashville, and Yes, I do see celebrities :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...