Monday, January 19, 2009

New Beginnings in 2009

Matt and I started off the new year by eating at the Cheesecake Factory with some friends. I got the 25th Anniversary Cheesecake which was AMAZING! Matt, of course, got the boring plain cheesecake. Mine on the other hand was layers of chocolate cake and cheesecake. It was so rich that I had to eat it in four different sittings, but I can honestly say I was sad when I was done. :)

The second week of the new year I decided to do something I have never done in the past...get in a wreck :( Thankfully, no one was hurt and my car wasn't totaled. I am currently driving a rental Mazda 5. It has just made my decision to never own a van or car more concrete!

2009 also started the journey of becoming an Occupational Therapist for me. It started Matt on the journey of being an amazing, patient and understanding husband. As I was packing my backpack it suddenly hit me that I won't be seeing my Harding friends in between classes! It is going to be so strange, but I know there will be lessons learned from it :). I have been out of the Harding bubble for a couple of years now, so I have learned not to expect the "hello" and smiles from everyone that I grew to love at HU.

As I start this year I have decided I am going to try to post a Bible verse that is important to me. I actually got the idea from Jon and Kate Plus 8's website, but I thought it would be something fun to do. So here goes! Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us Ephesians 3:20



Here are some pictures from New years Eve





I of course made him do this and didn't realize until afterward that is 90 instead of 09! Haha

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...