Monday, December 1, 2008

What a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Matt and I had a great Thanksgiving weekend. We stayed here in Tennessee since we are going to Arkansas for Christmas weekend. We had a great time Thanksgiving day at Nana and Papa's. Papa had made a cornhole board and we played that all day as well as watching the Titans defeat the Lions. The food was amazing of course. Nana always out does herself :). Friday morning Matt, Kyle, Matt's mom and I all got up and went to Wal-Mart at 4:00 am to start off the Black Friday shopping. Matt had to leave after Wal-Mart to go to work, but Kyle decided he wanted to tag along for the rest of the day. I warned him that this wasn't going to be a quick shopping trip, but he was great and didn't even complain. I can only imagine what it would have been like with Mr. Lance there :). That night we went over to Matt's dad's house and had a FABULOUS dinner. All of this recent dieting made Matt and I enjoy our Thanksgiving meals so much more.

We really are blessed to have such a large family that loves us unconditionally. There are too many people in this world without a family, and that is one of the things we are thankful for. We are also thankful for our close knit group of friends. It is so nice to have friends that we can also consider brothers and sisters in Christ. (Thank you Harding :) ).

I found out late Saturday afternoon that my mom has Pancreatitis. She was emitted into the hospital Friday night at 9:30, and is still there. The doctor, thankfully, isn't letting her go until he figures out why she is getting this. She has been sick for two years now, so I really hope he can get to the bottom of this. I need my momma to be well! I love you momma and I am praying for you! I wish I were there to take post by your bed, but just know you are in my thoughts constantly.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...