Tuesday, April 3, 2012

First boat ride!

This weekend was wonderfully relaxing. We did absolutely nothing on Saturday and never even left the house. It was awesome. Besides the fact that we were all 3 coughing like crazy. I don't know if it is allergies or not, but we are OVER IT. No other symptoms.. just coughing. It wouldn't bother me so much, but I wake up every morning around 4 and am up for about an hr before I can go back to sleep. Anyway, that has nothing to do with the wonderful family day we had Saturday. Matt and I are both high on cherishing these moments of just us 3 before sweet Cade makes his appearance. We played inside most of the day, but ventured out later that afternoon. While out there Connor was shooting his Nerf gun at his basketball goal, but kept getting distracted by a big bumblebee flying around. Finally I guess he had had enough, because he pointed it at the bee (he has never seen anyone point a gun at something, at least not that I'm aware of, so I'm not sure where he learned this) and kept yelling "GET BUG! GET!" I about fell out of my chair laughing. I whispered to Matt to listen and once he figured it out we couldn't contain our laughter. I so wish I had my iPod with me to record that!

Sunday was another beautiful day in Tennessee, so Matt thought we should take Connor on his first boat ride with D-Daddy. I am always up for boat rides and even more so for doing a "first" with Connor, so off we went. Matt took him outside without pants on while they got everything ready and Connor loved the life jacket they tried on him. So much so that he protested to going in and putting pants on because he didn't want to take it off! Silly boy!

Billy and Matt were overly concerned that this was going to put me into labor, but I brushed their concerns off and climbed my incredibly pregnant bottom into that boat! As I knew he would, Connor loved everything about it! Please note the thumbs up in the video :)

Whenever we were riding around, he would ride with Matt since he doesn't quite fit on my lap very well.
He talked the entire time and never got tired or asked to leave.
That's my boy ;). I would LOVE to have a big boat one day and go out all the time in the summer.
Billy caught a little minnow at one point and we let Connor touch it. Billy had the fish "kiss" him on the cheek and he just thought that was the funniest thing ever! He has been talking about D-daddy's boat and catch fish ever since then, so I don't think it'll be long before we go again.

As we were walking home (the boat ramp is across the street from us), Connor was holding both of our hands and I told Matt that this was the life. Enjoying the beautiful day God had given us with family and then walking home with our sweet little boy holding our hand? Seriously, my idea of a perfect day!


1 comment:

Libby! said...

That sounds so incredible! I love it all. The video, the sweet photos of Connor and Matt...and Im so glad Connor loved every moment of it! what a special Sunday!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...