Wednesday, March 28, 2012

"Mommy, Comin?"

So, I haven't posted anything in almost a week. I have had great things floating through my head, but a little 3 ft, blonde headed boy has been attached to me and I have been taking advantage of it. I'm starting to feel (and I guess have been for a few weeks) the "his whole world is about to turn upside down" guilt, which I think is pretty normal. I am also feeling a bit nostalgic about the fact that it isn't going to be just the 3 of us anymore.

Which also makes me feel guilty, because I don't want anyone to think for a SECOND that I am not over the moon excited about sweet little Cade joining our family. I am! I figure that all of these mixed emotions are going to go away the second he gets here and we won't be able to imagine life without him. Welcome to the world of being a mommy, huh?!?!

As the title says, I have heard a lot of "Mommy, comin?" out of that sweet little mouth. And, how am I supposed to say no when I know pretty soon I really will have to say no sometimes. I can clean the house later. I can blog later. I can't bring back these last few weeks of just us two, so I have really tried to be in all of these moments with him. So, my days have been spent pretty much doing what he wants to do and my nights are spent doing the things around the house that I didn't do during the day!

We have done a lot of playing outside. He loves his playground and I do too. We went to the park the other day and I took his bike hoping it would give him a place to ride. He didn't want to ride it, but wanted me to carry it around. Finally after convincing him that I was not going to just carry this bike around, he decided he wanted to go to the playground.

He isn't crazy interested in slides and swings right now (he is going through a slight fear of them), so there wasn't much for him. Needless to say, we went home and played on his playground. Suits me just fine to stay at home anyway!

Another thing I have heard frequently is, "Woody-Buzz (all one word) with (pronounced which) you?" This child loves his Toy Story! I definitely don't mind him taking them because they really do tend to occupy him. He flies them around making flying noises and saying "Insinity and Eyond" (To Infinity and Beyond, which is what Buzz says in the movie). Perfect in the grocery store when being tied up in the cart is the last thing he wants to be doing.

Yesterday during what was supposed to be his nap, he was standing up yelling, "Mommy! Come On! Mommy, Comin? Mommy! Daddy's here!" I love that he thought that by acting like he heard Daddy might convince me to come get him!
Although I have missed blogging and don't want it to be something that falls behind since it is how I record our lives, I have so enjoyed the extra time with my little man. I got a couple of videos of that sweet laughter that makes my world go round and thought I'd share them.

This first one is his dramatic, "look at me. I know I'm cute" laugh. He claims he learned it from me!

This little game I just did one day and he loved it.... obviously!


I guess I should add that since it has been BEE U TIFUL here lately, I have been spending nap time outside soaking in some rays. Seriously, who wouldn't want a nice little color on their cheeks and arms after pushing out a baby?! In fact, that is what I am doing right now as I blog. The good Lord knew I needed some extra Vitamin D for these last few weeks. At least if I do get all swollen, I'll have a tan! HA! Well, on the front that is. They really need to invent something that allows pregnant women to lie on their bellies! I digress.... :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...