Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Very productive day!


I think today has been the most errand productive day I have had since Connor was born... probably because he wasn't with me! HA! Pam came to our house this morning to watch him while I went to my doctors appointment and went to a few different places. I'm not going to lie.. it was a little boring in the car and while I was waiting at a few places, but it was nice to get a lot done! I took some pictures throughout the day to be a good little blogger and won't you know they aren't showing up when I try to download them! When I pull up iPhoto, I can see them, so I don't know what is going on. Nothing a little improvising can't fix!

Like I said, I started off the day with a doctor's appointment. This was the glucose screening appointment, which you almost always hear women talk about dreading. I can honestly say that I don't mind the drink at all! It just tastes like a SunKist to me. I had made plans to eat with my sister in law, Rachel, and this little guy for lunch at Panera.

I cannot believe he is 3 months old! He was so sleepy, but would still give his mommy the sweetest smile whenever he knew she was talking to him. Love those momma's boys!!! He was so tired that I didn't get to hear any of his talking, but I hear he is quite the talker. Can't wait to hear it next time!

Rachel used to work at Sephora and loves makeup, so after lunch she headed over there to help me spend some of my Christmas money :) I started off with this blush/bronzer combo.
And then talked myself into this eyeshadow palette. I'm not sure I'll ever use the bright blue or purple, but maybe I'll branch out! I needed eyeliner, too, and this one came with a brown eyeliner.
They were out of this powder, but hopefully I'll be able to go pick it up on Friday. Rachel said it is the best coverage, but still light, so I am excited to get it in.
I spent a little more than I had planned, but honestly if it will make me feel better about myself I think it is worth it! I had buyers remorse for the first little bit, but then told myself that is is perfectly ok to spend MY Christmas money on whatever I want! We mommas tend to lose sight of that sometimes!

After saying bye to Rachel and sweet Rowen, I made my first ever visit to the Apple store. I was astounded at how many employees they had! After having one woman help me, I actually had another guy check me out. When I asked him if they got commission, he seriously responded with, "No, our commission is getting to talk about awesome products all day." HA! I've never heard anything so scripted in my life, although I'm not so sure he didn't believe it! Anyway, I have been contemplating for a while on whether or not I should get a new iPod touch. When I figured out that it shot HD videos, it kind of made my decision for me. So, out I walked with this little beauty in my hand.
It also made me laugh that he congratulated me on my Apple purchase once I had paid for it. He sure did love his job! I'm excited that I am going to be able to download videos and photos immediately and I'll be able to do FaceTime with those iPhone users :) Now THIS purchase really pushed me over the guilty ledge, but we decided that if we like the quality of the videos (like the lady at Apple told me I would), then we are going to sell our video camera and I'll get the money back :)

On my way out of the mall, I grabbed the gift card Aunt Kim got me for Christmas and picked up an iced decaf Creme Brulee latte. It is, by far, my favorite latte. If you haven't tried it, I highly recommend it. It's Matt's favorite, too, and he is pretty picky!
I also grabbed a Rasberry Cake Pop. Have y'all had their cake pops? SO GOOD!
Drinking that iced latte with the sun shining in on me made my day! It is seriously the little things in life!!

After leaving the mall I stopped by a local fabric store and picked up some fabric to make a crib sheet for Cade. I'm hoping to try to make it this weekend, and when I do, I'll share it.

My last stop was at McKay's bookstore to sell some books. I was lazy because I could have sold them on Amazon and I guess I should have. I didn't get very much for them, but you live and you learn, right? I had to wait for 45 minutes to get my money, so I looked around while I did. I came across this for $1.50 and figured it wouldn't hurt to give it a gander!
It doesn't seem like I actually got that much done, but it was a lot of things that would have been twice as hard with a very busy 2 year old with me! I headed home after that and was very glad to see my little man!

Now tomorrow we are headed to get started on a few things for that busy 2 year old's birthday party! Busy, busy!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...