Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Beach Trip Day 6

I woke up Thursday very anxious to get down to the beach, especially since I had spent the majority of the day indoors the day before. One of the things that I can imagine Connor appreciated the most this week was all of the people available to read him a book. I feel like everytime I turned around he was handing someone a book to read :) You can't see it in this picture, but Uncle Kyle was one of the lucky ones chosen this morning!


Something that I was worried about before, but ended up being the easiest thing the whole week, was his sleeping. He slept better than he did at home! I had to take a picture of him sleeping when I went to wake him up from his morning nap, because this is exactly how I sleep! I tuck the covers underneath my arm like that and everything.

I saw this picture on facebook and had to recreate it. Don't you just love those itty bitty feet?!



I don't know what it was, but the water was beautiful today. Oh, how I miss it!

April and Josh decided to build a sand castle since Connor had no interest :)



And not soon after it started storming. It didn't last long (like maybe 5 minutes), but us girls decided to go shopping anyway. I put Connor in the shower with me so that Matt could stay and put him down for a nap. While we were in there he slipped and bit into his tongue. It was AWFUL. He only bled for about 15 seconds, but thank goodness we were in the shower. There was quite a bit of it! He only cried for 3 minutes or so. He is such a tough boy. Mommy, on the other hand, felt awful. I kept thinking of what I could of done differently, but I don't think there was anything. He struggled eating anything the rest of the day and I continued to feel bad. Thankfully, you wouldn't have even known anything happened...until he opened his mouth and you saw the huge flap of tongue! Matt assured me it was still ok to go shopping, so I left and Connor took a 2 1/2 hour nap. We had planned at the beginning of the week to try and take some family pictures this night. Since he was acting fine, we decided to go ahead and give it a try. Kyle took the pictures for us and he did a great job!



I love that we all have the same foot going forward. And the backdrop? Can you say AMAZING?!




Me with my little man :)


Although Connor isn't smiling, I just love this picture. These two are my heart and have made me the luckiest girl in the world!







After our photo shoot, we went inside and put Connor to bed. We had grilled shrimp kabobs for dinner and they were soooo good! I would spend so much money on food if I lived there. The fresh seafood is to die for!

1 comment:

Lana Summitt said...

1. You are gorgeous- I should say you look better than I have ever seen you look (and you always look gorgeous).
2. What a fabulous trip!
3. Connor is so precious and funny! Love him and y'all!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...