Friday, April 15, 2011

Show Us Your Life-BOOKS!!!!

Today at Kelly's Korner she is hosting Show Us Your Life and today it is all about books you are reading.



Currently, I am reading my way through the Bible. I am in 1 Samuel and it is so good! I'm not going to lie.. I struggled a little in Leviticus, Numbers and Deuteronomy. I am so glad I have a study bible with a lot of footnotes because otherwise I would have gotten so lost. I am sad that I feel like I am already forgetting some of the things in Genesis & Exodus, but I imagine it will probably take reading all the way through a few times to remember everything.





I haven't read many books since Connor has been born, but I have read more since getting the iPad! Some recent books I have read are:



The Help by Kathryn Stockett

I LOVED this book! The great thing about the iPad is it gives you a pretty lengthy preview, so I get the preview and if I am anxious to read more, then I buy it. I immediately bought this one and kept on reading.



House Rules by Jodi Picoult

This is another one I got on the iPad after reading the preview. It is about a boy that has Aspergers Syndrome. It was really good, but also really frustrating. I knew what was going to happen and just wanted to literally "shake" some of the characters by the neck! ha



Unlocked by Karen Kingsbury

Becky got me this for Christmas and I loved it. I cried (not unusual for a Karen Kingsbury book), I laughed, and was actually sad for it to end. This one is about a boy that has autism. Touched me to my core.



The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls


I am currently reading this one. I struggled a bit through the beginning, but it seems to be getting better. So, I guess the verdict is still out :)


A couple of books that I want to read are:


Leaving by Karen Kingsbury


Love the author, love the character. Enough said!


Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen

I figured if it was made into a movie then it has to be good.



There is someone else in this house that enjoys reading and it is not my husband! So far it looks like my little boy is taking after me. He has started taking a real interest in books lately and it thrills me to no end. No matter what I am doing, I will always read him a book when he brings me one! He definitely has some favorites. There are a couple that I feel like I read every single day. I will even move them around on the bookshelf (which drives me crazy for it to be out of its "spot" ha) and he will still find them! Here are his favorites:


Now, this one I don't mind. My mom made him this one for Christmas.

Every page is a page about a different family member. She wrote everything and it is so good. I cried when I read it the first time. (we did it on Shutterfly)

This one has to be the most boring book in the world and he adores it.

I mean, just look at what the pages contain.


NOTHING! I have to make up my own words everytime. Oh well. Maybe it will help him learn his colors!



Usually he wants me to read this one two times in a row.



I'm already trying to figure out which books I am going to take on our beach trip this summer and these are definitely going to make the cut! I can't wait to see which new books I find for myself. Head on over to Kelly's Korner to get some more suggestions! Happy Friday, y'all!



****Edited to add: I am only on the 2nd link on Kelly's blog and have already added 4 books to my list!! Hurry over and add to your list!!!****


2 comments:

Rachel said...

Ok. Dylan loves reading books too! He has since he was little! I love you through and through is a FAV! And I bet Connor loves that colors book because it is pictures of REAL babies! Dylan loves looking at real objects. As a mommy, I cherish reading time and looks like you do too! Soak it in!!!

Erin said...

What is leaving about?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...