Monday, October 5, 2009

A weekend full of amazing food


I was SOOOO not good this weekend. I ate healthy maybe once the entire weekend, but I cannot say that I regret it. That would be lying. We started off by going to one of those hole in the wall catfish places Friday night. It was everything I hoped it would be. Aren't hole in the wall's the best? We have one in Arkansas called Georgetown, and while that is even more of a hole in the wall than this one was, it was still just as good.

City Limits Cafe. Matt was so embarassed I was taking this picture! I reminded him that we were far enough away from the restaurant that the other patrons wouldn't be able to see us (we were the only ones under the age of 85!!)



Saturday night we made some oatmeal banana pancakes. They were so good I must share this recipe. It is:
3/4 c Heart Smart Bisquick
3 T old fashioned oats
1 med ripe banana, sliced
2 t packed Brown Sugar
1/3 c FF milk
1 egg
Combine all except bananas. Heat a large sprayed skillet or griddle on med heat. For each pancake, pour slightly less than 1/4 c batter onto hot griddle. Put banana slice in immediately. Cook until browned. I was able to make 8 pancakes with this recipe. YUM YUM YUM!
I also decided that it was October and time to eat something pumpkin flavored. After searching through my endless recipes I decided on a pumpkin chocolate chip bread. It was so good I told my momma I would have slapped her had she been here ;). I will save that recipe for a later date as I want to take pictures of that fine piece of heaven!
Needless to say it is back to reality today and back to healthy cooking!



1 comment:

Candice Pair said...

I love hole-in-the-wall places! They are usually always the best! My husband and I love this restaurant/bar in Memphis called Belmont Grill. We go there every year for Valentines Day even though its totally not romantic...but we love it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...