Sunday, March 22, 2009

Cruisin on the Holiday Fun Ship

Matt and I were very blessed to get to go on a cruise last week. We had a fabulous time. The weather was beautiful and the water was unreal. Our ship was actually the smallest ship of all the cruise lines. It was the Holiday Fun Ship with Carnival. We had many people tell us not to judge a cruise based on this ship, but we still gave it an A+. We left Mobile, Alabama on Monday afternoon around 5. Tuesday was a day at sea. It was so funny the difference in water when we woke up on Tuesday. It was like God poured blue/green dye in the water! It was absolutely gorgeous. Our chair (as you will see in a picture below) faced the water, so I got to enjoy that all day! Wednesday we were in Cozymel all day. We paid to go on a private beach and it was nice to be off of the boat for a little while. The excursions were so expensive, so that is the only one we ended up doing. The next day we were in Calica, and as you can see from the pictures there isn't much there. We ended up staying on the boat and playing putt-putt all day. I had to show Matt how to get it done. I beat him 2 out of 3 :). He would like to call it luck, but we all know the truth! I got up at 7:15 on Friday morning to make sure we got good seats for our last day on sea. We wanted to make sure we looked like we had been to the Carribean when we got back!











































I look horrible in this picture, but had to capture the moment at Peach Park. It is a place in Alabama that makes homeade ice cream, pies, and all sort of yummy things. Growing up when Matt went to Florida with his dad's family they would stop at Peach Park. As you would guess, this is now going to be our tradition with our family as well! It was DELICIOUS too, and I never pass up an opportunity to partake in traditions... especially when they involved homeade peach ice cream!!!



While on the cruise I read a book called Believing God by Beth Moore. If you have never read anything by Beth Moore I urge you to RUN, not walk, to your nearest book store and get one of her books. I believe I picked this book out of the many many books she has in Lifeway for a reason. It has spoken to me in numerous ways, but I chose one of the verses that jumped out to me the most.
"YOU ARE MY WITNESSES," DECLARES THE LORD, "AND MY SERVANT WHOM I HAVE CHOSEN, SO THAT YOU MAY KNOW AND BELIEVE ME." ISAIAH 43:10


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kelli!

I am watching Layla grow on the blogg and noticed you had one. You reallly got to me about the peach park! I can taste it now! I will tell Carrie about it too. I miss you girls so much!
Barbara Roberts (Carrie's mom)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...